As 2022 draws to a close, it’s only fitting that we take a moment to reflect on our successes of the past year. Premier SIPS received awards from many notable industry organizations, maintaining our status as the most awarded SIPs brand. Celebrate with us as we review our team's winnings below!
SIPs Awards Received in 2022
Offsite Construction Annual Awards
Premier SIPS was recognized for outstanding achievement by the Offsite Construction Network and received awards in two categories. Awards were received during the Offsite Construction Expo in 2022. For both projects, Premier SIPS provided the insulated panels needed during construction.
- The Best Panelized Project Under 5,000 sq. ft. This hilltop modern craftsman-style cottage was designed to maximize natural light and create a sense of spaciousness in a tiny energy-efficient footprint. SIP construction supported the owners’ desire for a small space with an open floor plan that remained energy efficient. The complete SIP envelope boasted 12-inch floor, 6-inch wall, and 10-inch roof SIPs.
- The Best Panelized Project Over 5,000 sq. ft. This 5,011 sq. ft. residential project incorporated multiple levels and unique angles to give the home a very contemporary look. The open floorplan, manufactured according to shop drawings with hardly any 90-degree angles, was made possible with SIPs. The finished home exceeded California’s Title 24 and Cal Green requirements.
Projects were judged by an independent panel of industry experts, who represent the progress and potential of offsite construction around the world. Additional winners can be found here.
US DOE's Housing Innovation Awards
Premier SIPS projects were also awarded two Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Home Housing Innovation Awards, including the United States' Custom Home Grand Winner:
NAHB Building Systems Council (BSC) Home Design Awards
Announced at the National Association of Home Builders annual Summit, Premier SIPS was recognized for the unique panelized construction for two projects in separate categories. Each award category reflected the unique nature of a building technique represented by the Building Systems Councils. The annual BSC Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence in home building were presented to the following two Premier SIPS projects:
- Panelized Home Winner (2,001 - 3,000 sq. ft.)
This award was given for a Premier SIPS residential project completed in Vancouver, British Columbia. With its soaring ceilings, massive windows, and natural light, this modern home is easy on the eyes and the energy bills. The narrow lot required a clever, space-efficient design that had additional “fire spread” protection and ensured the necessary engineering needed for a “Peat Bog” environment. View the details here.The panelized Premier SIPS building system was managed through our Canadian Distributor, West Eco SIPS, and was prefabricated in a factory for fast job site installation. The lightweight, prefabricated panels were fully installed on the pre-set columns in just one day. Professionals throughout North America took notice of this particular project, as it won a multitude of awards, including:
View the full gallery and project details for this impressive award winning home here.
- Canadian Home Builders’ Association: 2022 Best Detached Custom Home
- HAVAN (Home Builders Association of Vancouver) Awards Canada for Housing Excellence: Best Custom Home, Best High-Performance Home, Excellence in Building Science Innovation
- Green Initiative Georgie Awards: Best Custom Home, Best Environmental Initiative
- SIPA - BEA: Residential High Performance under 3K S/F Winner
- The Multifamily Project Winner
This award was given for a series of Premier SIPS homes for residents in Lopez Island, Washington. With the rising cost of living expenses, the Lopez Community Land Trust (LCLT) focuses on building affordable homes for local working residents to occupy. This was the first year in their 32-year history that the Trust chose to incorporate SIPs. Because of this, local homeowners and carpenters were able to apply their skills installing the panels. View the award overview and project details here.
Homes constructed are net-zero energy in order to reduce overall operating costs and incorporate high-quality materials that are long-lasting and sustainable, along with low-maintenance features.
SIPA Annual Building Excellence Awards
Showcasing SIPs projects throughout North America, the Building Excellence Awards (BEA) highlight winners that embody high design, performance, and energy savings to make a positive impact on reducing carbon emissions and consumption in the built environment.
Premier SIPS and former sister company – now part of Premier SIPS, Big Sky R-Control SIPs, took home 14 of the 26 awards, including:
- Best In Show Overall: American Indian Hall, Bozeman, MT
- Commercial Over 10K S/F Winner: American Indian Hall, Bozeman, MT
- Classic Multifamily Winner: Patterson Apartments, Grand Junction, CO
- Residential Over 3K S/F Classic Winner: Los Gatos, CA
- High-Performance Multifamily Winner: Cooper's Hawk II, Senora, CA
- Best Overall High-Performance Winner: : Cooper's Hawk II, Senora, CA
- Residential Under 3K S/F High-Performance Winner: East 18th Passive, Vancouver, BC
- Residential Under 900 S/F Winner: Winter Cabin Hideaway, WA
- Zero Energy Winner: Lopez Island Land Trust Community, WA
- Zero Energy Runner-Up: Habitat for Humanity Basalt Vista, Basalt, CO
- Residential Under 900 S/F Runner Up: Cheney Creek Milner, CO
- Homes Over 3K S/F Classic Runner Up: Private Residence Gig Harbor, WA
- Residential Over 3K S/F High-Performance Runner Up: Positive Energy Home in Bellevue, WA
- Residential Under 3K S/F High-Performance Runner Up: Positive Energy House in a Hollow, Bellingham, WA
- Renovations Runner Up
These awards demonstrate the consistent performance of Premier SIPS, truly faster, stronger, and greener than traditional construction methods. Results like this continue to resonate with designers, builders, and building owners who look to SIPs products to create sustainable structures. We are extremely proud of our product, our team, and the work completed during the 2022 season.
For more information about the construction and design details for any of these award-winning projects, please reach out to your area sales representative at Premier SIPS. We look forward to serving you in 2023 as we continue creating better buildings for everyone.