Soo Hoo McCulley
End Use: Private Residence
Why SIPs?: Premier SIPS were selected for their product's high-energy efficiency and because the project was time-bound, we needed a product that would go up quickly.
Benefits of SIPs:
- SIPs provided a profound reduction in assembly time for the exterior shell of this house and the detached garage.
- Assembly of both these structures took less than 2 weeks for 3 workers.
- It is likely this assembly would have taken at least 6 weeks as a stick frame, exterior shear plywood, and batt insulation assembly.
- A rough estimate would be $15,000 in savings on labor alone.
- SIP materials costs are higher by comparison, but time is always an advantage. - The BIG savings come after the structure is completed through the high-energy efficiency and savings in monthly electric use.
Blower Door Test: ACH50 - 1.54
HVAC: Mitsubishi ductless mini-split heat pump and electric radiators
- Windows: 0.2793
- Heat Recovery Ventilator
- LED lighting
- Property is under a conservation easement and native species are used for all landscaping.
Energy Consultant & Contractor: Potential Energy