Evoke Quadrant Model Home
Quadrant Homes chose to move forward with a sustainable, luxury spec home. The Model home was built to showcase a future sustainable neighborhood.
Premier SIPS were selected because they are sustainable building materials, and highly energy efficient with the end result of a high-performance structure. Builder is creating neighborhoods designed around the commitment to sustainability. The builder builds models homes with sustainable building products such as SIPs to showcase a sustainable
end result with lower operating costs... hoping to draw in potential homebuyers.
Benefits of SIPS:
The SIPs roof used on this model home helped the project achieve its goal of an energy-efficient and high-performing home. Quadrant wanted to display to buyers how beautiful green and sustainable living is attainable.
Innovative Design Elements:
- Standard engineering through in-house EDB
- Structural properties of panels enabled wide opening options, windows, and other open-air/light features
- Energy Star Rated Appliances / Washington Green
HERS Index: 63
HVAC: Mini-Split heat pump system for heating and cooling
Other Energy Saving Materials/Products:
- Enhanced insulation products and sealants
- Mini-split heat pump system for heating and cooling, where comfort in climate 'zones' can be
controlled by remote as well
- Daylighting & special attention to where windows were placed: rooms facing courtyards, looking
south or west to capture natural light. Smaller windows in bedrooms, placed high
- Seasonal open-air ventilation (huge sliding windows/doors)
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures and dual-flush toilets
- Neighborhood designed for best climate orientation
- Standard low VOC sustainable requirements for WA State
- High Tech package- energy-saving tools to automate lighting, air/heat control, window shading
View printable project profile here.