TC Legend North Bend Platinum
End Use: Residential Single-Family Home
Why SIPs?: TC Legend Homes was selected as the builder for this project. TCL coordinated all aspects of the project from design through construction and has developed consistent high-performance home systems that rely on the energy-efficient components that Premier SIPs offer.
Benefits of SIPs: Helped save time, labor, construction costs, and energy costs. Install time was days, not weeks which equates to a reduction in framing and other trade labor. The use of Premier SIPs lent to the design of this home, for 2nd floor vaulted ceilings, natural surfaces, and exposed flooring.
Innovative Design Elements: The entire project was engineered to be high-performance in a region of Washington State just outside of Seattle before the mountain passes. This climate has hot summers and cold winters and the seasonal temperature swing required careful planning to achieve such results.
- Energy Star Certified New Home
- Washington Built Green - Highest 5-Star Status
- EPA Indoor AirPLUS Qualified Home
- DOE Net Zero Energy Ready Home
Blower Door Test: ACH50 infiltration rate: 0.88
Energy Use: Estimated energy use annually: 0.3 MMBtu
- High-efficiency mini-split/Electric Htg.: 9.3 HSPF. Clg: 18.0 SEER
- Ventilation: Balanced HRV, 120 cfm, 34 watts
- Thermostat: Programmable heating and cooling
Energy-Saving Materials / Energy-Efficient Products or Design Features:
- Triple-Pane Windows, U-Value: 0.170, SHGC: 0.330
- Solar Array
- Under Slab Insulation, R-20 under & R-20 Edge Slab
- Exposed Floor R-30 insulation
- Passive Solar Orientation
- Water heating: Electric heat pump 3.2 EF, 65 Gal
Solar Panels: Photovoltaics estimated at an annual energy consumption of -24.8 MMBtu/yr (or -$617.00)
- GPS insulation core for increased efficiency.
- Annual energy cost for all operations is $92